For more than sixteen years now, I have had the honor of helping others as they sort through the various chapters of their lives. I consider it a true gift to listen and to come along side of them in this process.
The words written by the Great Counselor sum up my hope for those entering the counseling process: “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”
Jodi Dunphy is a Licensed Professional Counselor by the state of South Carolina. Jodi attended Liberty University for her undergraduate degree and The Citadel - College of Graduate and Professional Studies for her Masters of Art in Psychology - Clinical Counseling. She has a history of clinical experience working with children, adolescents and adults who have been exposed to trauma, abuse and/or neglect.
Jodi has spent the past decade studying the field of attachment and trauma. She is fully certified in EMDR therapy and has extensive training in ego state work, attachment, and complex trauma.
Today Jodi works in the private practice setting and focuses her practice on healing from attachment wounds and trauma. The majority of her counseling work is done through counseling intensives which give her the opportunity to focus a large amount of time on one individual person at a time.
When not in the counseling office, Jodi enjoys time spent with her family exploring outdoors, keeping up with her hydroponic garden, reading and trying new recipes!
• March Wellness Webinar: Body, Soul and Spirit - Living from the inside out. March 2021. Oceanside Solutions
•Sheltered in Love: Finding Refuge in God the Father. October 2017. Trinity Church Women’s Ministry
• PTSD - Signs, Symptoms and How to Help. October 2017. Pawleys Island Rotary Club.
• Domestic Violence: Getting to the Heart. February 2014. Healthcare Professionals Continuing
Education Workshop. Trident Hospital.
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, An Integrative Approach. Fall 2013. Christian Mental Health
Network, Riverbluff Church.
• Basic Counseling Techniques. Winter 2011. Charleston Southern University Psychology Club
• Identity: Who Am I. Spring 2011. Coastal Christian School Upper and Lower Grades.
• Communication: The Heart of the Matter. September 2011. Grace Weekday School.
Professional Development Seminar (4 hours)
• Communication: The Heart of the Matter. April 2010. Lighthouse Christian Learning Center.
Professional Development Seminar (4 hours).
• Post-Partum Depression: Signs, Symptoms and Help. January 2010. North Charleston
Mother’s of Pre-schoolers.
• ADHD and Classroom Interventions. September 2009. Palmetto Christian Academy
Professional Development Seminar.
• He’s Just Not that In To You – How do date and not lose yourself. September 2009. The Center
for Women Professional Series, Charleston, SC.
• Developing a Healthy Child. August 2009. Grace Weekday School Professional Development
Seminar (4 hour workshop). Working with Traumatic Stress in Children. April 2009. Trident
United Way Links to Success Board Members.
• Developing a Healthy Child. March 2009. Lighthouse Learning Center Professional
Development Seminar (4 hour workshop).
• Working with Traumatic Stress in Children. March 2009. North Charleston Elementary School
Professional Development Training.
• Effective Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Interventions. March 2009. Charleston Mental Health
Center Team 2.
• Partnering Together. March 2009. Lowcountry Orphan Relief and Charleston County Schools.
Event to provide awareness to school nurses, guidance counselors, and other school officials of the impact of childhood abuse, neglect, and abandonment and resources to help the children.
• The Freedom Series. August 2008. Lighthouse Church (2 day event).
• Group Therapy and Psychosocial Rehabilitative Services (co-facilitator), May 2007.
"It is God to whom and with whom we travel, and while He is the end of our journey, He is also at every stopping place." Elisabeth Elliot
Copyright © 2018 Jodi G. Dunphy, LPC - All Rights Reserved.