Born and raised in Charleston, nothing brings me more joy than getting to come along side of others in the low country! For more than thirteen years now, I have had the honor of helping others in the greater Charleston area as they sort through the various chapters of their lives. I consider it a true gift to listen and to come along side of them in this process.
Jodi Dunphy is a Licensed Professional Counselor by the state of South Carolina. Jodi attended Liberty University for her undergraduate degree and The Citadel - College of Graduate and Professional Studies for her Masters of Art in Psychology - Clinical Counseling. She has a history of clinical experience working with children, adolescents and adults who have been exposed to trauma, abuse and/or neglect.
Jodi has spent the past decade studying the field of attachment and trauma. She is fully certified in EMDR therapy and has extensive training in ego state work, attachment, and complex trauma.
Today Jodi works in the private practice setting and focuses her practice on healing from attachment wounds and trauma. The majority of her counseling work is done through counseling intensives which give her the opportunity to focus a large amount of time on one individual person at a time.
Along side of Jodi's work as a therapist she enjoys speaking to schools, youth groups, churches and other organizations about pertinent issues such as personal identity, human growth and development, and specific topics often addressed in counseling such as depression, anxiety, emotion regulation, grief and loss, and trauma.
• Sheltered in Love: Finding Refuge in God the Father. October 2017. Trinity Church Women’s Ministry
• PTSD - Signs, Symptoms and How to Help. October 2017. Pawleys Island Rotary Club.
• Domestic Violence: Getting to the Heart. February 2014. Healthcare Professionals Continuing
Education Workshop. Trident Hospital.
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, An Integrative Approach. Fall 2013. Christian Mental Health
Network, Riverbluff Church.
• Basic Counseling Techniques. Winter 2011. Charleston Southern University Psychology Club
• Identity: Who Am I. Spring 2011. Coastal Christian School Upper and Lower Grades.
• Communication: The Heart of the Matter. September 2011. Grace Weekday School.
Professional Development Seminar (4 hours)
• Communication: The Heart of the Matter. April 2010. Lighthouse Christian Learning Center.
Professional Development Seminar (4 hours).
• Post-Partum Depression: Signs, Symptoms and Help. January 2010. North Charleston
Mother’s of Pre-schoolers.
• ADHD and Classroom Interventions. September 2009. Palmetto Christian Academy
Professional Development Seminar.
• He’s Just Not that In To You – How do date and not lose yourself. September 2009. The Center
for Women Professional Series, Charleston, SC.
• Developing a Healthy Child. August 2009. Grace Weekday School Professional Development
Seminar (4 hour workshop). Working with Traumatic Stress in Children. April 2009. Trident
United Way Links to Success Board Members.
• Developing a Healthy Child. March 2009. Lighthouse Learning Center Professional
Development Seminar (4 hour workshop).
• Working with Traumatic Stress in Children. March 2009. North Charleston Elementary School
Professional Development Training.
• Effective Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Interventions. March 2009. Charleston Mental Health
Center Team 2.
• Partnering Together. March 2009. Lowcountry Orphan Relief and Charleston County Schools.
Event to provide awareness to school nurses, guidance counselors, and other school officials of the impact of childhood abuse, neglect, and abandonment and resources to help the children.
• The Freedom Series. August 2008. Lighthouse Church (2 day event).
• Group Therapy and Psychosocial Rehabilitative Services (co-facilitator), May 2007.
"It is God to whom and with whom we travel, and while He is the end of our journey, He is also at every stopping place." Elisabeth Elliot
Copyright © 2018 Jodi G. Dunphy, LPC - All Rights Reserved.